Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti
Makes 1 dozen
- 2 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 2 large Brown Eggs (from Rooster Street)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups Roasted Pistachios
- 1 cup of white chocolate melting wafers
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Beat the white sugar, egg, and vanilla together until combined.
- Combine the all purpose flour, baking powder, and salt and add to the wet ingredients.
- Mix until it starts to come together and then add in the dried cranberries and 1 cup of pistachios.
- Continue to mix until it all comes together and forms a smooth dough.
- The dough will be tacky so it's helpful to have a small bowl of water nearby to help spread the dough out. Place a piece of parchment paper the size of your baking sheet down on your work surface and place the dough on it. Spread and press the dough into a rectangle about 7" wide by 12-13" long. This is where the water comes in handy.
- Place your shaped dough on the baking sheet with the parchment paper. Chop the remaining 1/2 cup of pistachios and scatter on top of the dough, pressing down lightly. Place the biscotti into the oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the dough is light golden brown and firm enough to slice through.
- Remove from the oven and set aside until cool enough to handle, about 10-15 minutes. *If the dough is not stiff when you try to move it then it needs to be baked longer. Place it back in the oven and continue baking in 2-3 minute intervals until firm enough.
- Once it is cool enough, move it to a cutting board and slice in about 1" pieces. You should get about 12 slices.
- Line your baking sheet with a fresh piece of parchment paper and place the sliced biscotti pieces cut-side down.
- Place back in the oven and bake for 5-10 minutes until the biscotti is toasted and golden brown.
- Once the biscotti is cool, melt the white chocolate melting wafers and drizzle over the biscotti. Let the white chocolate set up before storing.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Enjoy with your favorite Necessary coffee or Passenger tea.