Chorizo and Potato Egg Skillet
This one-pan cast-iron breakfast combines delicious smokey chorizo with crispy potatoes and eggs for a truly well-balanced start to the day.
|2 Tbsp||Olive Oil|
|1 lb||Rooster Street Loose Chorizo|
|1||Medium Yellow Onion|
|2 Tbsp||Whole Butter|
|2||Medium Russet Potatoes (coarsely grated, rinsed, and squeezed dry)|
|2||Garlic Cloves (minced)|
|1||Red Bell Pepper (small diced)|
|4 sprigs||Cilantro (chopped)|
|1||Juice and zest of 1 lime|
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet over med high heat
- Add Chorizo and cook, using a wooden spoon to break it up.
- Once cooked, remove chorizo with a slotted spoon and set off to the side.
- Add the onion and cook until caramelized.
- Add butter to pan and, once melted, add potatoes. Mix with onions
- Add Chorizo and mix
- Press potato onion mixture into an even layer and cook until golden brown, about 4-6 minutes.
- Add the garlic and bell pepper and cook while stirring until potatoes are evenly crisp
- Make 4 wells in the hash with the back of a spoon and crack an egg into each well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes until whites are set but yolks are still runny.
- Garnish with lime juice, lime zest, sliced jalapeños and cilantro